Frequently Asked Questions
We hope you’ll find the information on this page useful. If you are unable to find the answer to your question, just get in touch and let us know.
Definitely! In many cases, we actually would recommend you do this, in order to avoid filling up your hosting account’s space with emails. You can create an email address on your hosting account, and instead of forwarding mail, you can just tell Gmail to check and send through that account. This keeps your hosting space cleared out, and lets you still use your domain for your email (instead of a generic @gmail.com address.)
You should already have your username and password if you have an email address on your hosting account (or you will have set it in place yourself if you created the address in your cpanel)… but here is the information you would use when setting up your gmail connection to the email address – there are two options, SSL and Non-SSL – please note that if you use the SSL (encrypted) option the server addresses are slightly different, as they take advantage of the shared SSL on the server.
Username: (your full email address) Password: (your email's password) Incoming Server: mail.yourdomainhere.com POP3 Port #: 110 Outgoing Server: mail.yourdomainhere.com SMTP Port #: 26
Secure SSL/TLS Settings
Username: (your full email address) Password: (your email's password) Incoming Server: sagan.superiorpages.com POP3 Port #: 995 Outgoing Server: sagan.superiorpages.com SMTP Port #: 465
Here’s the steps for setting up your Gmail account’s connection:
- Log in to gmail (if you don’t have a gmail account, you will need to create a Google Account which you can do here: https://accounts.google.com/SignUp)
- Click the gear icon toward the top right corner and select “settings”
- You should see a list of “tabs” starting with General, Labels, Inbox, etc. Click on the “Accounts and Import” tab
- Next to “Check mail from other accounts” click “Add a POP3 mail account you own”
- Enter your email address and click “Next Step”
- Enter your POP3 account information for your email address in the form (your username is your full email address) and if you’d like to have gmail label mail from this address, you can check the box next to “Label incoming messages”. Click “Add Account” and you will see a message stating “Your mail account has been added. You can now set the email to send as well.” NOTE: If you want to send mail through Gmail instead of the email you’re adding, click the “No” radio button. If you click “No” then you don’t need to follow the next steps.
- If you want to send mail through your new email, select “Yes” and click “Next Step”
- Enter your name and click “Next Step”
- On the “Send mail through your SMTP server” page, fill in your SMTP Server address, Username (full email address), Email Password, and make sure the port number matches the one in your provided information. (If you are connecting using SSL, you would need to check that radio button as well) Then, click “Add Account”
- Now, Gmail will email a verification code to the address you just added. Check your email for a message Gmail sent you. Click the link in the email, or enter the code into the text box and click “Verify”
Yes. Your web hosting with My Web Maestro includes a control panel (cPanel) that has a few tools built in for viewing traffic statistics. Once you log into cPanel, look for the section of icons on the main page for “statistics” to see the various options. We recommend using Awstats. (Definitions and explanations of Awstats terminology and labels)
For information on how Awstats compares to the other typical cPanel options, see http://www.awstats.org/docs/awstats_compare.html#COMPARISON
While the built-in stats software can help you keep a finger on the pulse of your site’s traffic, if you really want detailed information we recommend using Google Analytics (which requires additional setup.)
If your domain name is registered with us (at maestrodomains.com) then here’s how you can manually renew it.
- Log in to your account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
There are a couple of different ways your domain information can be displayed… depending on what you see, here are the remaining steps:
If your domain information looks similar to this….
- Select the domain name you want to use, click Text Icon (Settings) and select Domain Settings.
- Click Renew, choose your renewal settings and complete the checkout process.
Or, if your domain information looks similar to this….
- Select the domain name you want to use.
- From the Renew icon, select Renew Domain.
- Check the box if you would like to ConsoliDate your renewal date.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish and then Checkout.
- Choose your renewal settings and complete the checkout process.
If you don’t already have your domain name registered, but you have an idea of what you want, we recommend not waiting. Good .com domains are hard to come by these days. You not only have to compete with legitimate businesses and organizations, but “domain squatters” will also grab names in the hopes of selling them at a higher price.
If you already DO have a domain name registered, it’s always best if you register any new domain names on the same account to keep as organized as possible. If you’ve already registered some domain names elsewhere but would like to consolidate them with us, then you can register a new domain name here and we can assist in transferring your previous domains.
Our domain store is located at MaestroDomains.com
Log in to your domain account with us at maestrodomains.com and go to your Account Manager.
Once there, do the following:
- In your account manager, click the Account settings menu, and then select Payment methods.
- At the bottom of the list of your payment methods, click Add payment method.
- Choose from Credit/Debit/Prepaid Card, Checking Account, or Gift Card.
- Complete the on-screen fields.
Billing & Payment
If you have a domain name through us, at maestrodomains.com, payment is typically made directly to the registrar via the payment method you put in place.
All other services (hosting, design, etc.) are invoiced via email from us, and will include links to allow for making payment online. If you have or have had invoices from us, you can view them at any time online by going to billing.mywebmaestro.com
Alternately, you can always mail a check to:
My Web Maestro
PO Box 713
Saline, MI 48176
Please note: when paying an invoice for web hosting or any other recurring payment online, you can choose to have future payments drawn automatically (there should be a checkbox allowing you to opt in for automatic payments.) If you select this option, you would then receive an email in the future upon successful payment, or if the payment failed to go through.